lilliputrecords

The Italian organist Marco Ruggeri offers in this CD a compilation of pieces by various author, chosen to enhance the acousticqualities of the wonderful historical organ of the church of SS. Faustino and Giovita in Bienno. It dates back to around 1630. At thatperiod Graziadio IV Antegnati (1608-1657) creates a 16-foot organ with an enharmonic keyboard with certainly 4 and possibly 5broken keys for the Benedictine monks running the parish.In 1750 the instrument is restored, moreover, the organ choirs are replaced with others of a typically Baroque style while the organcase is preserved. Antegnati's organ still exists in 1822 when the scholarly Giacomo Simoni sends one of the Serassi brothers to Biennorecommending that all recoverable Antegnati material must be preserved, yet no agreement is reached. A few years later, anunknown organ builder adds typically 19th-century stops.Finally in 1891, according to the 1881 project, the organ builder Giovanni Manzoni of Bergamo, who had previously worked withBossi and for a short time with Perolini brothers, restores and expands the organ. He initially works out a two-manual project, laterhe reduces the instrument to a single keyboard with 47 stops and 1823 pipes. The new structure includes also the 155 Antegnatipipes scattered in different stops, as well as 18 Principale pipes in an almost perfect succession and they confirm the original division.The latter group is moved to the 'organetti morti' (pipes placed in the upper part of the facade). The seventeenth-century caseis totally preserved.In 1943 Armando Maccarinelli from Brescia carries out an extraordinary maintenance and remixes some stops. In 1961 Emilio Piccinelliof Ponteranica - without knowing Manzoni's project, found in the parish archive only years later - makes a radical restorationyet very respectful of the 1891 physiognomy. In 2017/2018 the Piccinelli family carries out a philological restoration bringing backthe instrument to the exact conditions of 1891, on the precise indications from the Milan 'Servizio Tutela Organi'. The interventionis completed for the larger part by rearranging the pipes, recovering the material set aside and only with the reconstruction of 12pipes of Cello.
The Italian organist Marco Ruggeri offers in this CD a compilation of pieces by various author, chosen to enhance the acousticqualities of the wonderful historical organ of the church of SS. Faustino and Giovita in Bienno. It dates back to around 1630. At thatperiod Graziadio IV Antegnati (1608-1657) creates a 16-foot organ with an enharmonic keyboard with certainly 4 and possibly 5broken keys for the Benedictine monks running the parish.In 1750 the instrument is restored, moreover, the organ choirs are replaced with others of a typically Baroque style while the organcase is preserved. Antegnati's organ still exists in 1822 when the scholarly Giacomo Simoni sends one of the Serassi brothers to Biennorecommending that all recoverable Antegnati material must be preserved, yet no agreement is reached. A few years later, anunknown organ builder adds typically 19th-century stops.Finally in 1891, according to the 1881 project, the organ builder Giovanni Manzoni of Bergamo, who had previously worked withBossi and for a short time with Perolini brothers, restores and expands the organ. He initially works out a two-manual project, laterhe reduces the instrument to a single keyboard with 47 stops and 1823 pipes. The new structure includes also the 155 Antegnatipipes scattered in different stops, as well as 18 Principale pipes in an almost perfect succession and they confirm the original division.The latter group is moved to the 'organetti morti' (pipes placed in the upper part of the facade). The seventeenth-century caseis totally preserved.In 1943 Armando Maccarinelli from Brescia carries out an extraordinary maintenance and remixes some stops. In 1961 Emilio Piccinelliof Ponteranica - without knowing Manzoni's project, found in the parish archive only years later - makes a radical restorationyet very respectful of the 1891 physiognomy. In 2017/2018 the Piccinelli family carries out a philological restoration bringing backthe instrument to the exact conditions of 1891, on the precise indications from the Milan 'Servizio Tutela Organi'. The interventionis completed for the larger part by rearranging the pipes, recovering the material set aside and only with the reconstruction of 12pipes of Cello.
8032632230649

Details

Format: CD
Label: MVCREMONA
Rel. Date: 04/26/2024
UPC: 8032632230649

L'organo Manzoni 1891 Di Bienno
Artist: Antegnati / Dubois / Ruggeri
Format: CD
New: Available $19.99
Wish

Formats and Editions

More Info:

The Italian organist Marco Ruggeri offers in this CD a compilation of pieces by various author, chosen to enhance the acousticqualities of the wonderful historical organ of the church of SS. Faustino and Giovita in Bienno. It dates back to around 1630. At thatperiod Graziadio IV Antegnati (1608-1657) creates a 16-foot organ with an enharmonic keyboard with certainly 4 and possibly 5broken keys for the Benedictine monks running the parish.In 1750 the instrument is restored, moreover, the organ choirs are replaced with others of a typically Baroque style while the organcase is preserved. Antegnati's organ still exists in 1822 when the scholarly Giacomo Simoni sends one of the Serassi brothers to Biennorecommending that all recoverable Antegnati material must be preserved, yet no agreement is reached. A few years later, anunknown organ builder adds typically 19th-century stops.Finally in 1891, according to the 1881 project, the organ builder Giovanni Manzoni of Bergamo, who had previously worked withBossi and for a short time with Perolini brothers, restores and expands the organ. He initially works out a two-manual project, laterhe reduces the instrument to a single keyboard with 47 stops and 1823 pipes. The new structure includes also the 155 Antegnatipipes scattered in different stops, as well as 18 Principale pipes in an almost perfect succession and they confirm the original division.The latter group is moved to the 'organetti morti' (pipes placed in the upper part of the facade). The seventeenth-century caseis totally preserved.In 1943 Armando Maccarinelli from Brescia carries out an extraordinary maintenance and remixes some stops. In 1961 Emilio Piccinelliof Ponteranica - without knowing Manzoni's project, found in the parish archive only years later - makes a radical restorationyet very respectful of the 1891 physiognomy. In 2017/2018 the Piccinelli family carries out a philological restoration bringing backthe instrument to the exact conditions of 1891, on the precise indications from the Milan 'Servizio Tutela Organi'. The interventionis completed for the larger part by rearranging the pipes, recovering the material set aside and only with the reconstruction of 12pipes of Cello.
        
back to top